Libertatio (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://libertatio.com website (the “website”, “LIBERTATIO” or “service”). Libertatio takes the privacy of your information very seriously.
Definitions and interpretation
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Libertatio via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Data Processors (or Service Providers): means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User): is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Libertatio, “we”or “us”: Libertatio, a company incorporated in England located at 52 Fox Lane, Winchester, England SO22 4DY;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Libertatio and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Libertatio and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.libertatio.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Collection of personal information
- We may, and can, collect information from the following sources:
- visitors to our website;
- people who subscribe to our e-newsletter;
- people who contact us via social media;
- people who share our content via social media;
- people who donate;
- people who attend our events;
- people who email;
- people who write for LIBERTATIO;
- Current and former staff.
- Any such information we gather falls into two categories:
(i). Information anonymously and automatically tracked that is gathered as visitors navigate through our site and/or use our email newsletters, share our content on social media and donate to us. This information is collected by third-party service providers on our behalf. Third parties featured on or linked to by our the Website are MailChimp, Stripe, PayPal and Google Analytics. These third parties may be gathering information through processes we don’t control and their Privacy Policies are linked to below.
(ii). Information voluntarily supplied by visitors to the site when they register, donate to LIBERTATIO, sign up to receive our e-newsletters, obtain tickets for our events or donate to LIBERTATIO.
- We use third-party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, content syndication, content-management tools, social-media integration, marketing, analytics, billing and customer service. These entities may have access to personally identifiable information if needed to perform their functions. If such access is required, the third parties will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personally identifiable information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Sites.
Types of Data Collected
- Whilst using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Such Personal Data we may collect rom you, includes the following:
- Name (first and last);
b. Date of Birth;
d. Job Title;
f. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
g. Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
h. IP address (automatically collected);
i. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
j. Operating system (automatically collected);
k. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- Donations made to Libertatio Limited from PayPal and/or Stripe contain information. Libertatio uses PayPal and/or Stripeto collect and store information about such donations. For more information about these third parties, please see PayPal’s and Stripe’s privacy policies. Libertatio can view each donator’s name, email address if provided to the third party, amount received and in some cases the location and address if the donator agrees to provide that information. The only control Libertatio has is to cancel a donation.
Libertatio stores the name, email, amount of donation and duration internally for our financial records to keep track of monthly income and to thank people for their donations. All other information remains solely within the third-party systems. Libertatio maybe contacted directly about donations or other methods of doing so from individuals or entities. Libertatio may provide them with our direct bank details so an individual can set up a direct debit. Libertatio only sees and stores the donators name which may be later connected to any personal contact details we already have.
o. We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletters. Libertatio can access the name you provide, your email and your geolocations as well as statistics around email opening and clicks using industry-standard technologies. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Libertatio is the “data controller”.
We will retain any Data you submit but you can request that it is deleted by emailing a request to email@example.com.Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. For more details on security see the clause below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you such as our newsletters, videos, podcasts or event details;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
- Libertatio may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected and complying fully with GDPR.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
– use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
– opting out of direct correspondence.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Data security is of great importance to Libertatio and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with the third parties’ terms and conditions. Please read our Cookies Policy.
- By using or continuing to use the digital services offered by Libertatio you are giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Libertatio to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies by amending your personal settings; however, certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy notice was last updated on March 2018. We are currently reviewing our Privacy Notice.
How to contact us